Book DaVid of Scandinavia for your next event, contact us today to reserve a date.
Workshops & Intensives
DaVid of Scandinavia tours internationally teaching workshops, seminars and giving lectures. An experienced and popular instructor DaVid's extensive workshop subject portfolio including subjects from alignment and movement studies, technique, combinations, choreography to conceptual development and more. The portfolio (with full descriptions) and other booking information will be provided to potential sponsors.
To inquire about booking - please complete the booking form.
Workshop & Intensive subjects
TECHNIQUE & COMBINATIONS
- Raqs a la DaVid
- Graceful arms
- Dynamic arms, ethereal veil
- Folk to Sharki
- Balady to Sharki
- Balady to Shaabi
- Shaabi to Sharki
- D-ranged combinations
- Egyptian Shaabi
- Dramatic movement
- Same same, but different! (stylization)
- Sequencing for dancers
- Khaleegi Potpurri
- Entrances, walks and exits
- Filling the stage! (stage work)
- Become the queen! (character work)
- Conditioning for dancers
- Centering and alignment for dancers
- Grounding and range of motion for dancers
- Energy flow and transitions for dancers
- Energy flow for dancers: assisted
- Expression for dancers: dance workshop
- Musicality for dancers
- Phrasing for Middle Eastern dance
- Imagery/Ideokinesis for dancers
- Performance psychology for dancers
INTENSIVE WORKSHOP/BOOT CAMP CONCEPTS
- Stage preparation and stage craft
- Belly Boot Camp
- D-Ranged Intensive
- Musicality for dancers 1: lecture
- Expression for dancers: lecture
- Phrasing for Middle Eastern dance: lecture
- Q&A with DaVid
CHOREOGRAPHIES a la DaVid
Choreographies within the following themes:
- Classical Orientale
- Modern Orientale
- Classical song
- Drum solo
Themes are subject to availability - inquire for current theme availability.
Level, hours required and intensity varies.
Please inquire to discuss appropriate class time for the choreography subject you desire as level, choreography material and length changes for each individual choreography.
Customized choreography workshops available on special request for bookings placed more than 6 months ahead - subject to instructor's tour schedule and availability.