Established in 2005 the DaVid of Scandinavia Dance Academy (DOSDA) specializes in in-person and online dance education within dances from the Middle East.
|DaVid of Scandinavia
Performance reviews can help you identify, address and remedy issues in your dance. Performance reviews are an effective way to improve the quality of your technique, musicality, presentation, expression and artistic vision.
How are performance reviews done?
Submit a video link to me from Youtube or a video file via dropbox by email. The video will be reviewed and your feedback can be given via written feedback and, if necessary, video. Another option is to receive your review via live video chat on Skype.
1 Performance Review
Choreographies may be commissioned for:
- training purposes
- solo performances
- group/ensemble presentations
- teaching purposes
Choreographies are great learning tools and teach you to integrate dance elements you otherwise may have not have spent time on refining, or you learn something new.
Let DaVid bring out the best in you, and infuse it with intricate technique, exquisite musicality and expressive range.
Choreographies available in Orientale, Classical, Balady, Saiidi, Shaabi and Drum Solo.
Method of delivery:
1. prepared choreography via video, followed up via Skype (most common)
2. prepared choreography in-person, followed up via private lessons/Skype
3. choreography produced and delivered during initial training hours followed up by polishing and corrections.
4. choreography tailored to dancer's preferences during training hours - expect purchasing additional hours of private lessons to be necessary.
5. choreography produced and coached during training hours to give insight to choreographic process, motivation, motifs, ideokinetic properties, visions etc. - expect purchasing additional hours of private lessons to be necessary.
Choreography packages for training, performances, competitions, group/ensemble presentations, and teaching purposes including choreography and up to 10 hours of training:
...for training choreographies.
...for commercial choreographies.
*depending on purpose, style, number of dancers and length of piece.
Being fully prepared at the day of your competition participation is essential to the quality of your performance and for your viewers, but also for your own experience. Working with a dance coach before your competition can help you feel more confident, be more prepared and have a clear vision of what your goals are.
A dance coach can help you highlight your strengths, develop your skills and set you in a position to use your competition participation as a "deadline" or goal to stay focused on during your competition preparation, and also help you plan and prepare for what happens next in your career after a competition. Having clear business strategies and plan for how to handle different scenarios, situations and career moves can prove very beneficial.
- or if you are a dancer-for-joy; discussing how you can make your participation more meaningful for yourself as a dancer helps you stay focused. Competitions are stressful, and it is our job to make your experience a less stressful one.